8th International Tourism Research Conference “Rethinking Tourism” International Symposium on Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism – 2022
With the collaborative effort of the Ministry of Environment and The University of Colombo, all preparations are being made to make the 8th International Tourism Research Conference “Rethinking Tourism” & International Symposium on Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism – 2022, a reality on 23rd December, 2022.
The International Symposium on Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism will be a great awakening to promote an inestimable research practices on biodiversity conservation and sustainable tourism development in Sri Lanka.
Portals are now open to submit the Research Proposals for competitive grants under following themes:
Research proposals based on Malwathu Oya basin;
- Conservation and Agro-tourism.
- Forestry and sustainable tourism.
- Fresh water fish conservation and ecotourism.
- Wildlife tourism through action-oriented research.
- Elephant, community and ecotourism.
- History, archeology and cultural heritage tourism.
- Wellness tourism and conservation of medicinal plants.
- River base resources and geotourism.
- Technology innovation and biodiversity conservation.
- Coastal conservation and coastal tourism in Mannar.