National Biodiversity Clearing House Mechanism was launched 23rd December 2016 at Galadari Hotel, Colombo. Mr.Wasantha Dissanayake, Additional Secretary (Environment Policy and Planning, Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment and Dr.Muhammed Khurshid ,Director General, SACEP were participated as chief guests. Number of Government, Non-Government participants were participated. Also number of trainers who were obtained data base management training conducted by the University of Colombo, colorful this event.
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services valuation workshop
- International Mountain Day Celebration
- Asian Regional Training Workshop on National Arrangements on Traditional Knowledge for Achieving Aichi Biodiversity Target 18 and Contributing to Aichi Biodiversity Target 16 of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2022
- Crop land races, weedy races and wild relatives conserved in plant Genetic Resources centre in Sri Lanka
- A valuable Book about Biodiversity in Sri Lanka